The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the independent regulator of financial services. The FCA require us to provide you with an Initial Disclosure Document to help you decide if our services are right for you. This document provides information about AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd, the products we offer, the services we will provide, what we charge for our services, who regulates us, what to do if you have a complaint, and details about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
About AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd
AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd is a credit broker and not a lender.
We are permitted by the FCA to carry out:
- Credit Brokerage
- Debt adjusting – This permission is limited to debt adjusting with no debt management
- Debt counselling – This permission is limited to counselling no debt management
Our registered address is 3 Brook Business Centre, Cowley Mill Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2FX. Our Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number is 664440. You can verify our status on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website at www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the contact centre on 0800 111 6768.
Our credit broking services provided
We offer vehicle leasing and credit hire products from a carefully selected panel of finance providers. All our products are related to the leasing or hire of a vehicle.
Based on your funding requirements we will provide you with either comparable details of firms most appropriate, or general information relating to finance products. In assessing your needs we may need to seek information about your personal circumstances and requirements as might be relevant in order to enable us to identify your needs.
- Bring to your attention how this firm uses your personal data it collects
- Provide you with a clear and simple method to cancel your consent for the processing of your personal data
- At your request disclose from where your personal data was obtained
- We agree to keep all personal information in a secure environment and will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 and any other applicable data protection legislation currently in force.
- We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully understand the credit arrangements – please note unless we are satisfied you fully understand the terms and conditions of the finance you are applying for we will be unable to make the introduction to the finance company, this is for your protection and ours
- If you wish to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information, or if you have any other comments or complaints in relation to this service agreement or the purchase order, please let us know by email to email@example.com
The finance products used
As a FCA regulated credit broker, we may introduce you to a range of finance providers who may be able to help you finance your vehicle and provide other products/services, such as vehicle maintenance and servicing packages.
Please note not all our products are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. We will explain clearly at the outset whether any service you enter with us is regulated by the FCA or not.
We will only offer products from a carefully selected panel of finance providers. We will not refer you outside of this panel. You can ask us for a list of the suppliers who provide our finance products. All the products we offer are optional.
AFL is a credit broker and as such is paid commission by the Finance Lender and/or Motor Retailer, once the agreement is live. For more information view our commission page.
If a credit broker (including a Motor Retailer) receives a commission then The Financial Conduct Authority expects [under CONC 4.5.3R] that any intermediary discloses the existence of commissions, fee’s or other remuneration payable, in good time before a credit agreement or consumer hire agreement is entered in to. Discretionary commission models are banned by the FCA as of the 28th January 2021.
The Financial Conduct Authority has made it clear that ‘commission’ means any financial consideration.
We do not charge our customer’s processing fees for our credit broking services.
In order to provide you with information and access to protection products for your vehicle, AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Firm reference number 312143. AutoProtect will contact you directly with further information.
We will deliver information on our services in plain language, and offer help if there is any aspect you do not understand
- We will be open, honest and fair in all our activities that we conduct with you
- We will respect and listen to your needs and circumstances
- We will always strive to exceed your expectations and deliver excellent service
- We will show pride and dedication in everything that we do and make decisions through expertise knowledge and good judgement in your best interests
What we will do
- Explain the key features of the regulated credit agreement to enable you make an informed choice
- Take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that a product we wish to recommend to you is not unsuitable for your needs and circumstances
- Advise you to read, and allow you enough opportunity to consider the terms and conditions of a credit agreement before entering it
- Before referring you to a third party which carries on regulated activities obtain your consent, after having explained to you why your details are to be disclosed to that third party
- Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender disclose (where applicable) the fact that the lender is linked to this firm by being a member of the same group as the firm
- Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender explain how, when and where you may exercise your cancellation rights
AFL (Fleet Management) Ltd operate under various trading and brand names these are set out below:
Car Leasing Made Simple
Van Leasing Made Simple