Introducing the latest eight generation Volkswagen Passat as we now have full specification details of this exciting car.
The new Volkswagen Passat is built on MQB platform, means a raft of new technologies that you can see on the car with addition of range of new efficient engines that reduce CO2 emissions up to 14 percentage. The new VW Passat will be available in both “Saloon” and “Estate” version as standard. The company will launch VW Passat hybrid version following next year.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK NEW AND OLD PASSAT HERE –
New Improved Design and Look
The new VW Passat looks more stylist and sporty with its lower bonnet, new headlight design, longer wheelbase and precise creases create individual light reflecting surfaces. The Saloon version is 4,767 mm long, 2mm shorter and 79mm longer wheelbase than current model.
The interior is also refined with modern look and improved interior space, with more legroom and headroom. The interior is built with high quality materials gives premium and classy look. The new Passat gets new steering wheel, full width dashboard grille, active info display, ambient lightning and more comfortable ERGO seats. The new Passat have got strong features to compete competently against key segment models such as the BMW 3 Series and the Mercedes C-Class, as well as the majority competitors like Ford Mondeo.
Range Line Up and Specifications
The new Volkswagen Passat comes with high specification levels as standard. Standard specification includes high definition 6.5 inch colour touch screen with second generation composition media system.
The new Passat will be available in different trim ranges from entry level S to high level R-line.
- Entry level ‘S’ model gets 16 inch alloy wheels, leather multi function steering wheel, driver alert system, Bluetooth & iPod connectivity and mis-fuelling prevention.
- ‘SE’ is above S model benefits from 17 inch alloy wheels, adaptive cruise control, pre crash basic system, front assist, dusk and rain sensor and new Ergo comfort seats.
- ‘SE Business’ model adds front fog lights, tinted rear glass, electrically folding wing mirrors, and navigation with car net “guide and inform” system.
- ‘GT’ model gets three zone climate control, heated seats, 18 inch alloy wheels and colour multifunction display.
- The high level ‘R-line’ model adds R-line body kit, R-line seats, trapezoid exhausts and stainless steel pedals.
The SE Business model has been specially designed for fleet drivers.
New Passat will be available with host of new technologies and new driver assist systems-
Engines and CO2 emissions
The new Volkswagen Passat will be available in diesel engines only keeping in mind CO2 emissions. 1.6 litre is the entry level diesel engine produce 120 Ps available in 6 speed manual gearbox and 7 speed automatic transmission. There is one new engine Bi-Turbo engine reaches 0-62mph speed in just 6.1 seconds. The 2.0-litre engine is available in two further power outputs, a 150PS and 190PS, both with 6-speed manual or DSG transmissions.
All engines to meet the forthcoming EU6 emissions standards.
The new VW Passat is going to make its public debut in Paris Motor Show and also you can get VW Passat on lease from 7th October 2014.